LEArning circles provide an opportunity for individuals to experience the same resource and then share their reflections. LEArning circles are a joint initiative of Lutheran Education Australia (LEA) and Australian Lutheran College (ALC) providing leadership development opportunities. They are like a book club, but unlike a book club, the resource might be a book, journal article, or video clip.
Initially we have set up one hour online discussion times with the facilitators but there will be the option of making further times if the group would like to keep talking. For those unable to attend at that time please register interest to join a waiting list.
Click here for further information about becoming a member of the ALC Library.
There are currently no LEArning circles scheduled but please email email@example.com to express your interest.
Lutheran Theological Journal (LTJ) supplement
- Nice Lutheran schools? Glory or cross in the education marketplace
- Student agency through the Lutheran lens
- Competing interests and the inclusion of children with complex needs
- Bringing love to life: the inclusion of transgender students in Lutheran schools
- Supporting same-sex attracted students in Lutheran middle and secondary schools
- Positive psychology—flourishing within a Lutheran school?
- Science and theology within Lutheran school communities
- The lens of Lutheran theology on managing teacher underperformance
The papers are discussion papers rather than position or policy papers. We hope that you will use these as launch pads to discussion in your community to further develop your understanding of what it means be an authentic Lutheran school or early childhood service in which the gospel of Jesus Christ informs all learning and teaching, all human relationships, and all activities.
If you would also like to engage in discussion about these papers in an online forum with the national Lutheran education community, we will be organising a series of LEArning circles with the authors across terms 3 and 4, 2021.
These are in the process of being scheduled. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.