Christian Studies resources
Creative religious education activities and resources http://colouredglassclassroom.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/re-gold-in-australian-curriculum.html
A wide range of resources for teachers and students: www.reonline.org.uk
The BBC website with a range of resources including videos for developing understandings about Christianity and other religions: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z7hs34j
Religious education curriculum Brisbane diocese: http://extranetportal.bne.catholic.edu.au/re/Pages/default.aspx
Religious education Melbourne diocese: https://resourcecem.com/
The LIFE curriculum (Christian Studies resources developed prior to the Christian Studies Curriculum Framework (CSCF) that has a menu that includes Bible references for each concept and units of work. It was developed in the late 1990s and will need some work to reinvigorate the units of work but it may the Bible references menu is invaluable and the menu may provide some starting points for inquiry: http://www.lutheran.edu.au/elibrary/life/
- CS Connect Connecting educators via Facebook in Lutheran schools across SA, NT and WA in all matters to do with Christian Studies.
- LEQ CS Community Lutheran Education Queensland Christian Studies Community is a Facebook group set up to share resources, ask questions, post ideas, photos and discussion threads.
Christian Studies audit tool
- LEA CS audit questionaire
- LEA CS survey for students
- LSA CS audit tool
- LSA CS questions for staff interview
Year 11 and 12 Christian Studies research
Equip Module 8 Videos
Mark Worthing answers the questions:
- Is there a difference between ethics, morals and values?
- Is there such a thing as Christian ethics?
- What guides Christian decision making?
- How can we view the 10 commandments?
- Is WWJD a helpful tool for Christians?
- What do you hope students learn by studying ethics?
Christian Studies Assessment
- PowerPoint on Assessment in Christian Studies
Biblical literacy: what do you understand about the Bible?
- www.christianity.org.au The website and personal responses reflect a conventional, moderate Christian faith
Bible literacy workshop
Dominique Jacqueline has presented an excellent article on Biblical literacy that is a great resource for a staff or faculty session on biblical literacy.
- Biblical literacy workshop by Dominique Jacqueline ACLE4
This session will explore what is involved in being biblically literate and how to deepen one’s own and students’ understanding of the biblical text in a meaningful and engaging manner.
The Bible in Christian Studies
Dominique Jacqueline also provides some insights into using the Bible in her video from the Christian Studies unit writing project.