LEA is leading a study tour to Germany in Term 3 2023. Dates are now confirmed to travel from Saturday 23 September to Friday 6 October.
The program will focus on Lutheran identify and formation. The aims of the tour are:
- To grow deeper in understanding of how God’s word, Lutheran theology and spirituality informs leadership in Lutheran education
- To engage with the historical background and theological content of the Lutheran confessions
- To gain a clearer understanding of the historical and cultural stories and journeys of the Lutheran church
- To build relationships and share dialogue amongst Australian Lutheran education leaders
- To see, hear and experience some key German cities, towns and highlights
- To undertake professional development which will influence your life and career with professional colleagues and Australian and German church leaders.
The itinerary is likely to include Worms, Heidelberg, Eisenach, Erfurt, Wittenberg, Berlin and more.
The tour will be open to:
- Leaders in Lutheran schools or ECSs including principals, other members of the school executive team, school pastors, Christian Studies and formation leaders
- School or ECS Board/Council members
- National and regional Lutheran education leaders and Board/Council member
Partners are welcome to join as long as they are full participants in all aspects of the study program including worship, devotions, readings, lectures and guided tours. To ensure full participation in the study program only adults will be eligible to join the tour. A cap of approximately 35 participants will apply. Employees will be given preference for places over partners.
If you or anyone you know is interested, please register your interest by emailing LEA@lutheran.edu.au and we will keep you posted as more information becomes available.