What is LDP?
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a nation-wide strategic program of the schools, principals, regional and national offices of Lutheran Education Australia to provide leadership for the growing network of Lutheran schools. LDP aims to ensure that Lutheran schools have the leaders required to operate effective schools for the future.
LDP has four components:
* leadership profiling
Profiling is the first stage of the program and gives participants the opportunity to identify and reflect on significant experiences and achievements in their leadership journey and provide a basis for planning future personal and professional formation
* postgraduate study in educational leadership
LDP participants will undertake formal study in the two years following their acceptance into the program and will be supported by a 75% subsidy of fees for approved courses
As a supportive relationship for reflection and growth, mentoring will be a part of the program. Mentoring will commence with reflection on the leadership profile report and support ongoing formation and professional development.
* LEA and regional workshop
This workshop aimed to explore the strength, diversity and organisational structure that underpins Lutheran education through regional and national links, will assist participants to understand the commitment needed from leaders in the Lutheran school context
What can participants expect to gain from their LDP experience?
- Greater understanding of the nature of leadership and administration of Lutheran schools
- Reflection on their own abilities and how God might be calling them to serve in the context of the Lutheran school
- Achievement of necessary skills and understandings to be an effective leader in the Lutheran school
- Greater levels of confidence in their own leadership capacity
Darren Pope,Lutheran Education Queensland, PO Box 1535, Milton 4064. Tel 07 3511 4050.
Ian Marks,Lutheran Education Vic/NSW/Tas, 755 Station Street, Box Hill 3128 Tel 03 9236 1250.
Mignon Weckert,Lutheran Education SA/NT/WA, 137 Archer Street, North Adelaide 5006 Tel 08 8267 8417.