Lutheran Education Australia Limited represents the 137 Lutheran schools and early childhood services of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA) which educate and nurture more than 45,000 students throughout Australia.
The Board of Directors of LEA Ltd invites applications for the following position of:
An exciting opportunity for an experienced educational leader commencing 2019
The appointment to this full-time position will be initially for five years. The appointee will be an active communicant member of the LCA, with a Christian faith that is lived out in every aspect of their life.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader of Lutheran education who has an understanding of, and commitment to, the schools and systems of LEA Ltd. Possessing excellent oral and written communication skills, the appointee will be self-motivated and willing to take the initiative as appropriate.
The Executive Director will provide pivotal leadership for Lutheran education in Australia. The appointee will
- be responsible for the implementation of the decisions, policies and projects of the LEA Board
- strategically lead the work of the schools, school systems and early childhood services of the LCA in educational relationship development, advocacy, policy-making, promotion and debate with the Australian government, the LCA, Australian Lutheran College as well as international Lutheran education organisations
- promote Lutheran education and its ethos, internally and externally, nationally and internationally, for the purpose of building understanding and commitment within the educational community and its stakeholders, and the LCA and its agencies.
This exciting opportunity will enable an innovative, confident and articulate Lutheran leader to build on the foundations laid by LEA in the representation of Lutheran schools and early childhood services on the national stage.
Closing date for applications: Close of business Friday 27 April 2018
- include a curriculum vitae
- address the selection criteria – please address these qualities in terms of your experience and expertise, with specific examples that can be expanded further at interview
- include the names of three referees one of whom should be a pastor of the LCA
- be marked ‘Confidential’ and forwarded by email to:
Chairman, Board of Directors, Lutheran Education Australia Ltd, Email email@example.com
Confidential enquiries may be directed to:
Dr Neville Highett, Chairman, Board of Directors, LEA Ltd, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0408 843 768