The unit of work demonstrates one approach that can be taken for an inquiry into the Christian Living key idea: Christians are called to love and serve all people.
As students consider recent natural disasters, reflect on the concept of service through the analysis of various images, debate famous quotes and statements on service, research biblical references and material from various sources, and interview numerous people, they seek to find answers to questions such as:
- What is service?
- How can I share the Good News if I don’t know my bible very well?
- Why should I serve?
- What’s in it for me?
- Can I serve God?
- Did Jesus do anything for me?
- What is more important: words or actions?
- WWJD- do you agree?
- How do I want people to remember me?
- How would a Christian answer the question: does my life reflect Jesus’ sacrifice for me?
Author: Justin Riggs
Issue date: 18 Aug 2011